S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck was running fine and just shut off on the road one day. It sputtered and tried to run a few times but eventually cut out. If i leave it sit a day it will start for about 5 seconds and then wont start again

I thought it was a fuel problem so i checked the relay and its good- When i turn the key the FP relay clicks, but the pump never makes any sound like its priming.

I lifted the bed up today and found a hose crushed and broken- not sure if its important (PIC 1) I connected it to the end that I think it goes to, but not sure. i cant find a diagram of how it should actually be

The second issue is I want to check whether the pump works or not, so I used a multimeter to check for any voltage off the connectors (PIC 2). I got 5 volts off of one, but nothing off of the rest. This doesnt seem right but not sure if I'm using the right pins. If anyone can tell me which pins to check from that would help a lot

Last problem is I found two wires coming from the harness about 8" behind where the connectors run to the FP. Its just two wires and looks to be headed to the back of the truck. Im assuming its just for the rear lights but not sure... PIC 3

any help would be greatly appreciated.. if you can help fix the issue you can be my hero~!!!!!

·
2.2L turbo
357 Posts
fist i think the broken line u found might be a return line to the tank,,not to sure ,also the two wires to the back might be grounds,,if ur ground is not on the frame the pump will not turn on

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! i was thinkin that it was the return line.. but i dont know where the rest of it is unless the previous owner pulled it..

and the two wires in the last pic are pink/white if that helps.. not typical ground colors but auto wiring is tricky like that

·
Registered
44 Posts

If your charcoal canister is supposed to be where it is on my 94 it looks bypassed. Rubber hose clamped to nylon is a sure indicator of a hack job.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahhh gotcha.. thanks for that pic. it helps a lot

the trucks bagged so that canister is definately gone

1 - 5 of 5 Posts