S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Out of the S10 game
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I stopped one night to get gas and after filling up I went to start the truck. It started, then died. So I went to restart it and all it will do is turn over. So far I have replaced the fuel filter and plugs. well it is getting fuel and fire, the starter seems to be cranking just fine. It just sits there and turns, but will not fire up. Has anyone ran into this or have a clue what happened? All the wires seem to be plugged in and this happened to me before and it just decided one day to start back up.. ANYONE????

·
Out of the S10 game
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
O yeah and I did try to spray some starter fluid in and it still would not start so it should not be a fuel problem if that doesn't help it fire up, right?

·
DRAG IT BITCHES!
108 Posts
just a list of things... (i know u have checked som but allway worth it again)

fuel pump
pull all plugs check to see if fouled (possibly to much fuel
if to much fuel possible fuel pressure regulator
check for spark on all wires. (should be a nice blue spark)
no spark possible coil pack(s) may be out and not working
check plug wires for cracks an burn marks (if found replace them)
how many miles on truck? if plugs fouled out may have ruined them....
so replace those too
check for vacume leaks
ummmm. that will pretty much cover it... if done all this you should have an idea as to whats up.

·
Oh shit....
11 Posts
how do you know its getting fuel? If you know for a fact that its getting fuel...check the injectors. might even be a fuse...but doubt it

·
Out of the S10 game
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOW-LIFE said:
just a list of things... (i know u have checked som but allway worth it again)

fuel pump
pull all plugs check to see if fouled (possibly to much fuel
if to much fuel possible fuel pressure regulator
check for spark on all wires. (should be a nice blue spark)
no spark possible coil pack(s) may be out and not working
check plug wires for cracks an burn marks (if found replace them)
how many miles on truck? if plugs fouled out may have ruined them....
so replace those too
check for vacume leaks
ummmm. that will pretty much cover it... if done all this you should have an idea as to whats up.
Yes everything here I have already checked. I did notice that when I pulled out the plugs and fuel filter that the fuel that came out was like a dark black lookin color and the same with the plugs. they had like a black gas color.. Any suggestions?

·
my hoopty
1,947 Posts
black gas? that can't be good. sounds like time to take a sample back to the gas station where you got it and let them pay to fix your truck. you'll probably have to drain the tank, and hopefully whatever was mixed in with that gas will not have hurt the pump or injectors. good luck

·
Out of the S10 game
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
5timedime said:
black gas? that can't be good. sounds like time to take a sample back to the gas station where you got it and let them pay to fix your truck. you'll probably have to drain the tank, and hopefully whatever was mixed in with that gas will not have hurt the pump or injectors. good luck
Yeah I live on an Air Force base and this is the second time that I have stopped for gas there that the truck has done this. Last time I let it set for 3 days and then it started bearly and I had to keep reving up the motor cause it was sluggish and did not want to start running. After like 5 minutes it finally leveled out and ran okay. So now I am back here again and it just looked nuts how this gas looked when I changed the filter. How do you drain the gas tank?

·
Out of the S10 game
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CommanderKidUT said:
how do you know its getting fuel? If you know for a fact that its getting fuel...check the injectors. might even be a fuse...but doubt it
Fuel pump charges fine, there is gas at least getting to the injectors cause I pull out the plugs and there is gas all over them.. I have spark cause I checked that so the rotor is fine. My wires are pretty new. My starter seems to be spinning okay and cranking the motor, just won't start up. You think whatever the hell is in the gas to turn it black like that is causing this $hit?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts