S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been searching for this and found some old threads but not a diagram. Here's what I got. I have a 1994 S10 truck that I am using as a donor for a frame swap to a 1948 Chevy. This is my first build so go easy on me and my rookie mistake was not taking sufficient pictures of the wiring harness before removing the engine (which is a SBC by they way - already swapped in my donor).

Do anyone have a engine wiring diagram for the 1994 S10 truck? I think it had the 4.3l before the SBC swap but I don't know for sure. Can you help?

Much appreciated.

·
Been there Done it
13,180 Posts
Does the sbc have a carb or fuel injection on it? If it's a carb the original wiring diagram won't mean a thing.
If it was a 4.3 with TBI and the V8 is also TBI there were 2 different computers used depending on whether the computer was under the dash (basically a tin box) or under the hood (a cast aluminum looking box).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Does the sbc have a carb or fuel injection on it? If it's a carb the original wiring diagram won't mean a thing.
If it was a 4.3 with TBI and the V8 is also TBI there were 2 different computers used depending on whether the computer was under the dash (basically a tin box) or under the hood (a cast aluminum looking box).
the SBC is a TBI which leads me to conclude it was a 4.3 to start with. The computer I have is the one that has gray, blue and red inputs and was in the engine compartment. The truck ran before I tore it apart.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey guys, I've been searching for this and found some old threads but not a diagram. Here's what I got. I have a 1994 S10 truck that I am using as a donor for a frame swap to a 1948 Chevy. This is my first build so go easy on me and my rookie mistake was not taking sufficient pictures of the wiring harness before removing the engine (which is a SBC by they way - already swapped in my donor).

Do anyone have a engine wiring diagram for the 1994 S10 truck? I think it had the 4.3l before the SBC swap but I don't know for sure. Can you help?

Much appreciated.
Highly recco you obtain OE service manual for the 94 since it's the powertrain your dealing with. That way you'll have all the tech info on any probs that arise. There's certain to be more than a few.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Highly recco you obtain OE service manual for the 94 since it's the powertrain your dealing with. That way you'll have all the tech info on any probs that arise. There's certain to be more than a few.
Thanks Pete for responding. The powertrain is actually a hodgepodge of a 1991 SBC 305ci and a 1996 4L60e one-piece tranny. It a frankentruck for sure. The donor had a 5 speed but I wanted an auto. The wiring harness is complete, I just don't know where everything goes. If I had a diagram I am willing to try and figure it out.

Where would you find the OE service manual? Ebay?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks Pete for responding. The powertrain is actually a hodgepodge of a 1991 SBC 305ci and a 1996 4L60e one-piece tranny. It a frankentruck for sure. The donor had a 5 speed but I wanted an auto. The wiring harness is complete, I just don't know where everything goes. If I had a diagram I am willing to try and figure it out.

Where would you find the OE service manual? Ebay?
That's 1st place I look. GM stuff usually inexpensive. Just make sure it does include wiring diagrams.

·
time to get cereal
6,049 Posts
Check the electrical section stickies. Theres is a link to a google drive with all year's diagrams.

·
time to get cereal
6,049 Posts
Lol, all he did was use the info I gave you to put the spoon in your mouth.

Reactions: gravator
1 - 10 of 10 Posts