S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 gmc Sonoma 2.5 RWD 5spd 76k , 95 chevy s10 4.3 RWD auto rebuilt motor
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey here's whats up; im teaching my fiance how to drive and not only drive but on stick. they are doing really great we got to the parking lot last night and did some good turns and successfully took off in first 4 times in a row without stalling. now on the fifth time they stalled it after not much driving time like approx 35 minutes and it was a rough one and i heard a relatively loud "clank" i let the truck sit a sec and went over the lights and how to use them and all that jazz to take away from their slip up and when i went to turn her over she was having a bitch of it staying turned on. I first started it no problem cranking but i didnt give enough gas while she was nuetral and had shut off, I'm not a stranger to that my 4.3 i had to give a bit of gas sometimes that fine but i started it on the second time and i had to keep giving her gas for about a minute maybe a little less not a lot of gas and she steadied out not relying on my foot on the better to keep her idling.

I know it is not a starter or battery issue or ecm and very fresh oil

i will say im due for a waterpump clutch fan and a radiator.
(my mobile mechanic lives far away and keeps putting me off)

my concern is i stalled her out and beat her up worse than what my fiance is doing to her and i didnt have near the difficulty of getting her back to an idle and she would start right back up no issues.

What can I do to improve this so I can continue teaching her how to drive and stick?
-
should i change shift cables? she is a little clunky going from 1 to 2 in a pinch and the shifter is a little loose but i dont have issues going into gear except a little resistance in reverse, low trans fluid?
- does this sound like a fuel issue or a shifting issue? should i do the circuit of clean in the intake the pvc and all that?
-also note of concern is that my oil drops low when we are idling and practicing in the parking lot.
normal level of oil in the middle on the drive there and the drive back. is that a quirk with the 2.5 stick motor or is that something thats related to this and i should get checked ?

Any suggestions are extremely appreciated.
Thank you for your time, you guys rock

·
Registered
2003 GMC Sonoma SLS extended cab 4.3L auto 4x4
324 Posts
I think I'm slipping - this seems to be a bit hard to follow. It must be time for me to take some remedial comprehension lessons. Heh, jez' call me denz.

·
time to get cereal
5,656 Posts
There are definitely not any shfit cables, it's not a FWD or Fiero.

Are you shifting into 1st or fifth before reverse? Coming to a complete stop?

·
Boozebag
9,969 Posts
Dood,
let's start by the confusion between your fiance and your truck...
Boats have gender (she) trucks don't!

I know a ton of people use the "she" description for their trucks, cars and other stuff, but if you look tradition and history...
Boats are "she", anything else is an "it" !!!
See pirates for reference...
There is some gender confusion going on here.You are using "they" in some sentences and "she" in other.

Ok, now that confusion is settled (i hope)
It sounds like the clank - something went South in your drive line, although I'm not sire that would affect the operation of your engine.
Since this post is not new, anything improved?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts