S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know a part number for a high air flow catalytic converter from summit racing that would fit a 1999 regular cab s10 2.2, i know some of you got them.... so just wondering. Thanks

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
just gut your cat, it will give you more horsepower than a high flow cat, but less bottom end torque.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
dude, i guy in my club has no cat and a single chamber flowmaster and a custom intake, its one of the quickest 2.2s i have been in (he let me drive it too), i love the sound too, very unique. id do it if i had a 2.2 5 speed.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was thinking of just running a straight pipe, but if you take the cat out the service engine soon light comes on, how fast was your friends, i think mine would be quick to because i have headers and a custom intake too.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
well, its pretty quick, and yes yours would prolly be a tick or two faster

·
Registered
12 Posts
i gutted mine and i think it killed my power and i got a 2001 s-10 reg. cab 2.2 and i wish i never did cause it cost 250.00 for a factory one. and thats form napa the one from the dealer is like 350.00 and a o2 sensor is 50.00 and it sets the ses light off

·
Registered
920 Posts
i raced a guy in basicly the same truck as me, but he had a gutted cat and no muff, ran almost 4 tenths slower in the 1/8th than me

D

·
0 Posts
dropped_99, where did you get your headers from?? m exhaust is all stoc except for a 40series flowmaster

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went to my shop to get them and he ordered them from pace setter, they were really expensive, but well worth it, these are nice headers, and you can feel a awesome power increase, just make sure you put them on right and look at all the hoses down there and make sure they don't touch the header

1 - 11 of 11 Posts