S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I am running 17" 205/40/17 Falken Zeik on my truck. I am very careful where I go because I live in Sh**town Pennsylvania. The roads SUCK!. Anyway, They are Billet Specialties and polished aluminum all the way through. I was washing my baby today and noticed that my rear wheel has a mushroom in the outermost lip. How can i fix this. I know it is aluminum and can crack. Can I ship it somewhere? Thanks guys....and girls!

·
ESSTEN Concepts Founder
465 Posts
Hey, I just got a pair of my 17s back from the repair shop after bending the lips on potholes LOL. The place I sent them to is called Wheel Wizard. They did a great job and didn't take alot of time. (3 day turn) their website is www.wheelwizard.com also if you want to check them out. BTW, prepare to spend at least $180 per wheel for straightening and refinishing. My total bill for 2 was $390 inc. COD charge.

later
Mike

·
32,797 Posts
S10ConceptsTN said:
prepare to spend at least $180 per wheel for straightening and refinishing.
That's way too much. (for a polished rim, I don't know about chrome)

It should cost you roughly $75 to fix a rim.
That's what just about every shop out here charges
and there's hundreds of shops here. That includes the fix,
repolishing, and remounting and balancing.
I've bent rims before and had them fixed for $65 dollars.
Once I put a huge bend in my 18s.
Call local shops that carry aftermarket rims/tires,
stay away from chain stores.

$180 is almost the price of a new rim.

If you need the info for the shops out here, let me know.
I'll post the info for a few shops. I don't have their flyers and ads
at the computer I'm using right now. I'll be at my home computer tomorrow.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live in Wellsboro, Pa..the middle of BFE! I will have to ship the rim out somewhere. $75? Is it a good job? I expected to spend $200 including shipping. Plus, the company said 2-3 weeks. A new rim would cost $400. Can you l;ist or email me the names of companys? Thanks a lot guys. The lip is bent and it holds air fine but it sucks to look at!:woah:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts