S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
help (ASAP) I installed the blackmagic e-fan and now I am blowing a/c fuses

what did I do wrong.....I am blowing my 10 amp ac fuse when I turn on the ac.....the fan comes on, bu the compressor doesnt.....did I patch into the wrong wire on the compressor.....I did the green one.....should I have done the black one?
please help asap

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
none of you guys had this problem.....thats my luck....I am not a big electrician, but maybe someone is.....if you could offer suggestion on what to look at I would appreciate it...

·
Registered
508 Posts
I think Flex A Lite has woring diagrams on their web site. THe green compressor wire is the one I tapped into for my fan, not a Flex though. You should only use that wire to trigger the relay thats built into your fan. The fan should get its main current from the battery or distribution block. Theres a chance your fan may have a faulty control unit.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what I was thinking...so I unplugged the wire that I spliced into the a/c wire, from the fan and turned on the a/c...nothing happened and the fuse blew.....I guess I screwed up my a/c somehow, but no one knows how.

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
just use a relay and you should be fine, right everyone.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
figured it out thanks

I had some stray wire that wasnt in a bundle get caught up in the air plenum where it goes onto the throttle body.....the wire was just wrapped in electrical take and was shorting to the throttle body....it was evident thats what it iwas....weird though, I have no clue what that wire is for.....
thanks for all the help guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts