S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok what a project. Like I posted previously, I've done a huge amount of work to this truck. Geez. Ok I finally got it right so j thought. While putting rockers back in one of the bolts stripped. I went ahead finished putting it back together hoping it wouldn't make a difference or a slight difference at the most. Well I was wrong it runs terrible I mean really bad. So I guess I'll have to fix that with this kit from summit. The only problem I'm having with that is I have no clue what the bolt size is and they need that. Does anyone know because I called the chevy place in town and they don't even know. It's a 2000 chevy s10 ext cab 2.2 4cyl flex.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
putting rockers back in one of the bolts stripped...... finished putting it back together ...... it runs terrible ..... no clue what the bolt size.....2000 2.2
what bolt stripped?
if it stripped, why did you assemble it?
POST pictures. It helps tremendously

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bolt didn't strip. The head stripped. The bolt threads in but don't tighten just spins but need a wrench to do it. I thought maybe it would still work but it's not running well at all. It's the 5th rocker arm. I checked the bolt and it's fine so it's definitely the head stripped out. Summit racing and a couple other places make a repair kit but they need the bolt size and I have no clue. Someone says the ls has 8mmx1.25 but it's not an ls or at least it doesn't say

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
so, you need 1 rocker arm nut? Is that what you need?

take anothe good nut off and go to your local homedepot/ace hardware and get a new one, at least a 'grade 5'..

or someone like @manbearpig might have one or two he can send you off one of his engines.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I need a helicoil insert. The bolt is fine. It's the cylinder head that is stripped. I need to know what size the bolt is so I can order the correct helicoil set

·
Registered
3,138 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
No I need a helicoil insert. The bolt is fine. It's the cylinder head that is stripped. I need to know what size the bolt is so I can order the correct helicoil set
You could take one of the other studs out and take it to a hardware store where they will have a big board with all the different sizes of male and female threads to measure what size it is. It will be in the aisle with the nuts and bolts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts