S-10 Forum banner

help 4x4 is messed

687 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  tylerh427 
#1 ·
i have a 95 blazer 4x4 and the 4 wheel drive won't engage. it will only turn the right rear tire, it sucks. I live in mn and we have like 8 inches of snow, i towed my snowmobile trailer and got stuck in the street. I press the 4 hi and it clicks and u think it would be in 4 but it only lites the rear tires.

Another question if i get a zexel posi rear end will that acutally help or hurt my ability to tow my snowmobile traler. I get mixed opinions. The trailer is probably 1500 pounds loaded with the sleds wet.

I bought this truck thinkin it would be nice to have 4 wheel drive to tow the trailor but the truck will barely go anywhere by itself and with a trailor it is just rancid.

The 4 wheel drive worked and the truck still wouldn't pull its own ass from a standstill in the snow. but will the posi help or hurt.

#2 ·
Posi will help a little in icy situations... When you were shifting the 4WD, were you in drive, or reverse, and not in park?

Unless you tow alot in crappy road conditions, you won't even be able to tell you have a posi. If you want SERIOUS traction, get a locker, or a spool, but they suck in slick conditions (unless it's a selectable locker like ARB or Ox).

If all you're pulling is sleds, posi & lockers aren't worth it IMO.

Just my $.02...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.