S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my truck has recently started hard starting every time I go to start it. The exception to this is when I get gas right after I get gas will start fast no problem like before but before I really even get down to 3/4 tank it will do the same thing as before. It also has a rougher idle than normal and is more noticeable now. I've tried priming it two or three times no change. Newer distributor cap rotor plugs wires. In was half considering the Coil since its OEM 144k from 2002 But the gas thing is really throwing me off. Thanks for any help!!!

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
1,227 Posts
time to pressure test the fuel pump- ps has the fuel filter been changed lately (or ever)?
read BURNED sticky

Reactions: ala_frosty

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
time to pressure test the fuel pump- ps has the fuel filter been changed lately (or ever)?
read BURNED sticky
Yes I changed filter same time as pump and bought acdelco pump but yeah I think that’s what I’m going to do tonight and I believe I read that but I will definitely double check thank you!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Yes I changed filter same time as pump and bought acdelco pump but yeah I think that’s what I’m going to do tonight and I believe I read that but I will definitely double check thank you!
Put a fuel pressure tester on the fuel line, and let us know what pressure you're getting and holding and double-check your frame grounds everywhere.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Put a fuel pressure tester on the fuel line, and let us know what pressure you're getting and holding and double-check your frame grounds everywhere.
Hey so I had 60psi would not hold at fuel test port. Pulled a line and checked before it and pressure held steady so I condemned fuel pressure regulator. Replaced that with the MPFI conversion and truck ran great started up immediately its been about a day and I've drove it around a bit and I noticed if I leave it sit for a couple hours it will take a few seconds longer to start up but after that first start everything else is immediately after that. unlike before where it got to the point it would not even run anymore. Im not sure what is going on at this point because the its not always an issue and it sure is not as bad as before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts