S-10 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Ross Racing Engines
Joined
·
1,385 Posts
Front of engine, on top of valve cover, under throttle cable assembly. Unscrew hold down and pull out. At least that's how it is on my 96
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
I was looking to change my pcv valve on my 98 s-10 and had to call the dealership to be advised that there is no pcv valve.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess thanks but heres my problem. It is sucking oil out of the motor and going in the air box why???? Thanks For any info
 

·
Ross Racing Engines
Joined
·
1,385 Posts
Breather baffle
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK guys I am not the greatest mechnic . where is the Breather baffale and how do I check the crank pressure. thanks
 

·
Ross Racing Engines
Joined
·
1,385 Posts
Bottom line....what you're seeing is normal. Only way to change the baffle, which is built into the valve cover, is to get a new vavle cover. But that won't fix it because it's not broken. Just take your air intake plumbing apart from time to time and wash it down with degreaser or carb and choke cleaner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
wayfastwhitey said:
Bottom line....what you're seeing is normal. Only way to change the baffle, which is built into the valve cover, is to get a new vavle cover. But that won't fix it because it's not broken. Just take your air intake plumbing apart from time to time and wash it down with degreaser or carb and choke cleaner.


what he said. I clean my air intake plumbing regularly, every 3 or 4k just because im a little anal about preventitive maintence. Last couple of time's i have found a little bit of oil in there, not enough to send up the red flag's though. I use the autozone carb cleaner. Now mind you it's going to run a little rough for the first couple of minutes due to the carb cleaner being in there, but it clears up after that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys for all the info . I will do the duck work cleaning. I gausse the guy that had this did not clean it becose it had 1/4 of a qt of oil in the air box buy the intake. Thanks Dennis
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Smw72 said:
I was looking to change my pcv valve on my 98 s-10 and had to call the dealership to be advised that there is no pcv valve.

NO PCV!!! It is a requirement in all OBD II vehicles. Without it you would have fuel fumes in the oil sump that would thin out the oil and mess up your engine.
 

·
SLASH - S.I.C. St. Louis
Joined
·
2,440 Posts
sandman22 said:
NO PCV!!! It is a requirement in all OBD II vehicles. Without it you would have fuel fumes in the oil sump that would thin out the oil and mess up your engine.
SMW72 is correct, there is No PVC! My little brother is a GMC Mechanic, I asked him the same question, I got the same answer, no pvc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
jherrell said:
SMW72 is correct, there is No PVC! My little brother is a GMC Mechanic, I asked him the same question, I got the same answer, no pvc.
So how do they release the blow-by of the engine????:dunno:
 

·
95 S-10 2200
Joined
·
510 Posts
Well in the haynes manual I have it shows a PCV. There is also that PCV release that connects to the air intake duct. Maybe it's not a PCV per se but it definately has the same function. By the way I also get a slight oily residue on the inside of my intake. I havent' seen a PCV hose into a air intake that hasn't left a residue.
 

·
The doctor is in...
Joined
·
1,251 Posts
sandman22 said:
So how do they release the blow-by of the engine????:dunno:
Look on the back of your engine, there is a tube that connects from your engine to the intake just before you get to the TB.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
sandman22 said:
So how do they release the blow-by of the engine????:dunno:
absolutely correct- there is no pcv on my 98 2.2 either. my airbox housing has a a small amount of oil every time i pull it. the gases are sucked out due to the vacuum right into the intake housing and are burned off- a pcv does the same thing, only it doesnt suck the oil out too. i have heard that you can retrofit a pcv to work- just a little imagination and custom work. it is a requirement that the gases be reburned, however, it doesnt take a pcv to get them back into the air/ fuel mixture- just a hose into the air box housing.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top