S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
‘95 LS 2.2L Manual
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a ‘95 2.2L T-5 RWD. The slave cylinder broke where the retaining pin holds the line on and the line popped off while driving. I have removed the slave cylinder but the clutch is not engaged and will not engage. I had hoped the slave cylinder was stuck all the way out and if I removed it, the clutch would engage, but it did not.

I can’t find any diagrams that show me the clutch fork and the release bearing. I’m guessing the fork is jacked up somehow. Is there something I can do through this plug in the bell housing? (pics are of the bad tranny we removed that’s in my shed, not the tranny thats in the truck...)

·
Registered
‘95 LS 2.2L Manual
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Finally was able to get it on a lift today where I could see what was going on. The slave cylinder was broken when we bought the truck where the roll pin goes in. They had a hose clamp on it that I figured was holding the roll pin in place. It was working so I told my mechanic not to mess with it when he put the new clutch and used tranny in. I should have listened to him and replaced it.

When the line popped off, releasing the pressure on the fork suddenly, the fork shifted to the left just enough that it was hung on the bell housing. With a twist from a large flat bladed screw driver it popped back in place with very little effort and the clutch engaged.

We’re going to look at it with a bore scope tomorrow and install new hydraulics. Should be good to go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts