S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
the Zen of S10
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a simple hello and thanks to the folks who started this forum.
Great source of info for me in my quest to upgrade my S10.
97 S10 4.3L ext. cab auto., gen II K&N intake, flowmaster 50 series single in, dual out with stainless pipes, alpine cd head unit with JL 300w amp, boston acoustic separates, and altezza tails.
oh yeah, daily driver with wheathergaurd saddle box on back; kinda sucks but is necessary evil.

·
Registered
2 Posts
creamzilla said:
alpine cd head unit with JL 300w amp, boston acoustic separates, and altezza tails.
Where's the subs man?

Which alpine unit you running?

Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
2 Posts
creamzilla said:
oh, sorry...

head unit is CDA-7873
JL Audio 12" power wedge

I'd like to add one more JL amp to run sub and upgrade dash 4X6 plates.
Cool, sounds nice man...how do you like the JL prefab box?

·
the Zen of S10
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sounds really good, the response is tight, not muddied. The JL amp I have seems to power the sub and the separates fairly well.
It seems I'm lacking in some midrange freqs but hope to oneday remedy that with some mids in a pod or on the doors somewhere.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Build yourself some kick pods for better imaging...I know some guys on a car audio site I go to that built custom kicks out of fiberglass and said it was pretty easy...I run compression horns so all I gotta worry about is getting them as far under the dash as possible :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.