S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've browsed these forums a lot, especially since I ended up with my 1984 Extended Cab S-10 that originally came with a Durango Trim. (I don't know how much remains since it's been through a V-8 swap by a previous owner or two).

So I'm basically going to fix my truck up, thinking about fuel injection... :)

·
Local Tech
5,407 Posts
its still a v8 i assume? Any pics? Welcome to the forum btw

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank You for the welcome. :)

Yes, it still has the V8, and no it's not running... yet. Close with the current carb setup. Just got to get the rod and crank barrings in, oil pump and oil pan in, and re-install it into the truck.

A 355 small block with stock 305 heads, and some sort of mild cam. Turbo 350 transmission, and I believe the rear end is the stock 3.42 gear ratio still.

Here are the pictures as requested, but I'll post a new thread somewhere when I get better pictures:

Who ever got a hold of this truck, replaced the entire stock wiring harness with a Speedway 12 Circuit harness and took out everything related to heat and air.

Part of my plans is to get all the head and air ductwork, everything relating to the heat and air back in this truck. At least what all goes under the dash. I've not decided on just sticking my heat A/C delete box in the engine compartment or my A/C box there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts