S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Trevor and I’m out of Oregon. For the last ten years I have tuned cars for a living, mostly Honda’s and Acura’s. My first vehicle was actually a 2000 s10, 2.2l 5 speed I thought it was a hot rod when I was 16. Since then I’ve owned about 160 or so cars and trucks and about 40 or so motorcycles. I’ve always had a love for the second gen s10’s, I currently own a 2003 s10 zr2 that I recently traded a cafe racer bike that I built for it. After driving it a little bit I fell back in love with the s10 pick ups and want to plan out another build. Ideally in my head I wanna find a clean regular cab, short box 2wd 5 speed 4.3 truck and dial in the suspension before moving onto making power out of it. In the long run I wanna do a single turbo using the syclone turbo manifolds and probably a hy35 Holset for quick spool. That turbo shouldn’t have hardly any lag on that size engine and make for a very fun daily truck. Anyways I’m looking forward to reading up on people’s builds and getting ideas from stuff that people have figured out over the years on these trucks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m down in Salem. I also currently own a 04 Cadillac Escalade and I’ve been working on getting the suspension on that dialed in. Just shortened up my rear sway bar links and that seemed to make a decent difference. The truck corners fairly flat but the biggest issue I have is when the road is fairly bumpy I can feel the body swaying from side to side more then I like. Pretty sure the shocks I put on the truck suck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts