S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
It's probably just blowing whatever the outside air temperature is. Heater core is likely clogged because it's obviously not doing its job.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Yeah it works ok. A chemical flush will work better. Prestone has a good chemical flush that you can buy at most auto stores and even Walmart or similar. Pick up one of those and follow the directions to get your entire cooling system cleaned out.

I'll also warn you that of the several times I have had a clogged heater core and got it cleaned out it wasn't soon after that it started leaking. Lots of possible reasons why, but be ready for a heater core change in the near future once you get the cooling system cleaned out. It's not as hard of a job as people think it is. The dash on the S10 is fairly easy to take out once you know how. My advice is don't be scared and follow @BravadaX great walkthrough:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Same truck. With motor running mash brake pedal to flr pedal stick but when I shut motor off pedal releases but she does stick all the time. But when I come to a normal stop it stops fine an I have a,good pedal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts