S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my heater core is leaking so i bypassed it for now but would like to have my heater back. has anybody replaced one before. if so how hard is it. i would greatly appriciate your input.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I've gutted my 94 s-10 of all the heating and a/c components to convert to a dedicated drag truck. I am in Austin and you are welcome to any of the components for free if you can pick them up.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn i live in houston i just might have to take u up on the offer cause i need some ac parts to

·
Resident Wetback
11,267 Posts
the whole dash has to be removed, i used a haynes manual as a guide. there are quite a few hidden and hard to get to bolts, but taking the dash off is the hardest part. once you get the dash off the heater core can be replaced in like 10 minutes. over all it is not hard to do, just time consuming. good luck.

luis

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i figured i had to do something along those lines because i remember doing it on my z28 thanks

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
I don't know what yr you have, but if it's 1st Gen the dash stays.
It only takes a hr or two. I've done it . Pc of cake.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
unfortinatly in this case i have a 97 ss and i have a bad feeling from reading a chillton that the dash is going to have to drop

1 - 7 of 7 Posts