S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got my power seats working but whe i hook up the brown wire to a 12 volt source they dont come on? does the button light up that would make it easier to tell.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump there are 3 brown wire the diagrams i seen said only the solid color one goes to 12 volt is that right?

·
Super Moderator
4,755 Posts
give me a few hours, I actually made a wire diagram for the forum. I am at work and can get it to you in a few hours.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool thanks i have been looking on here with what little time i have had but havent found much.

·
Super Moderator
4,755 Posts
Here you go. I got side tracked

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,755 Posts
I think the brown white is actually part of the seat memory, wire it with the browns, it shouldnt make a difference

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sweet but if its wired that way wont it be adjustable all the time? would that cause a parasitic load? i dont think it would but does it? lol

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,315 Posts
sweet but if its wired that way wont it be adjustable all the time? would that cause a parasitic load? i dont think it would but does it? lol

This is from memory so...buyer beware. The orange wires are for seat motors, not switched....inline fuse for them. The brown wires (no stripes) are the heaters, switched with fuse. The black with white stripe is the seatbelt light. If you have other wires they may be for seat memory ( I think that needs to be turned on in the bcm) or possibly a sensor that indicates that someone is sitting in that seat and turns on the passenger airbag.

·
Super Moderator
4,755 Posts
yes the seats will be adjustable all the time. That is the way they are in my bravada

·
Super Moderator
4,755 Posts
I installed these seats in a 95 s-10 I had. I used the service manuals and actually took the dash out and spliced all the wires where they would have been if the truck had them as an option, so they were fused. The only thing that did not work was the memory, because no BCM on a 95

1 - 10 of 10 Posts