S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was tossing the idea of getting heated mirrors for the truck cuz I hate when my mirrors get icy or foggy all the time in the winter.

Is this the kind of controls that are needed to run the heated mirrors for the trucks? Mine is the bone stock version without that defroster button. I have searched around about this before but no conclusive info really. IF I read other posts right the defroster button for this would work with the heated mirrors... right?

·
Ridin' on Twankies
3,621 Posts
Yep.

The ones for the trucks actually have a picture of a mirror though.

I'll be wiring mine from my 03 up to my truck into my 2000

·
Mr. Upgrade
13 Posts
Hello All,
I have a 2005 Jimmy with the rear defrost (works fine). Does this option extend to my Jimmy supposed to having the heated mirrors? My mirrors definitely do not deice or defog in the winter. now wondering if they are just not working and need replacement. Does anyone know the option specific on this ?
Cheers

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
It could... check your glovebox for the RPO code list and search google for any that start with the letter D.

I'm not positive, but I think if it has either DD0 or DK2 it will be heated. Check for yourself, though because I just did a quick hunt around for that info and didn't confirm it.

·
time to get cereal
2,277 Posts
I doubt rear defrost was optional, at least not that year. Most likely standard equipment. Heated mirrors were probably optional equipment. If your mirrors are heated, they have the defrost symbol etched into the glass.

·
Been there Done it
7,069 Posts
I seem to remember that on the pickups with factory sliding rear window the mirrors were required to be heated, because some states require a rear window defroster. Since the sliders aren't heated they got around it by heating the mirrors on those trucks. My 02 CC is like that. Don't think both were heated until later. My 2016 Equinox heats both when you push the rear defrost button.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
guess this old thread was dug up.
I also have a sliding window truck(01 X cab) that has defrost mirrors.
All my Blazers have heated mirrors and rear glass as well as wiper,except
one thats a bare bones 4x4 5 speed. This has plain glass and non heated mirrors.
I know NY requires heated glass and rear wiper if the angle of back window is flat enough.
Blazer VS S10 truck is a good example

1 - 7 of 7 Posts