S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So obviously the s10 engine is a volcano and does anybody have good ideas for Max cooling? Thinking of adding a radiator and an ACTUAL working hood scoop lol I have a 2001 LS 4.3

·
time to get cereal
3,421 Posts
I'd fix whatever is wrong with your cooling system...

Reactions: KingJJT

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
🤣 I don’t think anything is wrong with my cooling system Haha I just think it’s hotter than other cars I’ve seen like a CRV and Lexus since I’ve both owned those and I want to lower it a bit

·
time to get cereal
3,421 Posts
If it's staying at operating temperature then you don't need to fix a problem that isn't there.

·
Registered
‘95 LS 2.2L Manual
101 Posts
Why would you think your S10 is “hotter“ than a CRV or a Lexus? If the CRV and Lexus were operating properly and your S10 is hotter, then your S10 is overheating, or am I missing something? All water cooled internal combustion engines operate just under or just over 210*.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Because I’ve checked them before and it for sure is slightly hotter inside. But overall my s10 is working perfectly fine as far as I know. So now that that hot air is considered normal temperature, I’m trying to minimize it as much as I can so my intake won’t be pulling too much hot air. This was actually “recommended” by my friend but I didn’t know wether to go with that or not so that’s why I asked.

·
time to get cereal
3,421 Posts
The intake has a tube that pulls in fresh air from an opening in the radiator support. Should be fine. If it's hotter inside the cab, then you have a problem with the HVAC system.

You have to keep in mind, these are cheap trucks and the insulation and sound deadening isn't going to be luxury car grade.

·
Registered
281 Posts
So you are actually talking about under the hood temps. Do you have any temps to compare to? If you feel you need one they have cold air intake kits.

·
time to get cereal
3,421 Posts
Pretty much. This guys friend is an expert though.

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
1,125 Posts
nope- need to install on of those there tornado intake thingamabobs- extra air under the hood. ps- there will seem to be more heat under the hood as the s-series truck was short on creature comforts- made it cheaper to buy- to reduce under hood temps- header wrap .

·
time to get cereal
3,421 Posts
I don't know, I think a couple box fans duct taped to the front would get the job done.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Something you can try is to put reflective insulation around the air inlet pipe between your air filter box and the top of the engine. The air you get will be drawn in through the front of the radiator support and the insulation will keep it from getting heated up while it travels to the engine intake.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
24,692 Posts
Something you can try is to put reflective insulation around the air inlet pipe between your air filter box and the top of the engine. The air you get will be drawn in through the front of the radiator support and the insulation will keep it from getting heated up while it travels to the engine intake.
It's not like the air just hangs out in there...it's moving pretty quick.

Reactions: goes2fast

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I added my Wynjammer SC and tuning to my 2001 Xtreme, I noticed my summer intake air temps approaching 200 degrees. I had aluminum louvered panels made and installed them in my hood. I also added a BeCool aluminum radiator which is made for a small/big block in my truck. I run a 180 degree thermostat and routed the air intake duct to a custom air box behind my front spoiler and added air vents. Now my intake air temp stays below 100 degrees in summer. Engine temps never go over 190 degrees with the AC on!
1595539093064.png

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had these louvered aluminum panels made by RodLouvers.com in California. I measured and cadded a drawing for left and right and he made them for me a few years ago. At the time he was the cheapest for custom louvered panels.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts