S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read the thread about the broken heater and it reminded me of this... I've got and have always had heat CONSTANTLY blowing from the floor vent... Summertime SUCKS! if you know what i mean. My friends S10 doesn't do this. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope, i still get hot air even when it is on cool and everything is off....

·
Registered
54 Posts
You don't say what year truck you have. On my 98 the coolant water flows through the heater core all the time. The temp is controlled by a "blend" door. It determines how much air goes through the heater core and how much around the core. If this door was not working and in the wrong position you whould have heat all the time. On mine the door is vacuum operated but controlled by a signal from the computer.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a 2000. i've had the problem since day one. That sounds more like what i should be looking for. THANKS

·
truckin
101 Posts
gameloader said:
i noticed mine does this to... turn your settings to cool. and it will blow cool air... turn it to hot and itwill blow hot air... i dont know why it does this without the ac even being on but it does.
My 2000 works like this as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Neilo: The problem is if it is the blend door you have to pull the dash on my 98 to get to it. Have you taken the temp control out to make sure the wires are connected on the back of the switch? You have to pull the instrument panel trim to get to the bsck of the temp control. The temp control is an adjustable resistor that sends the signal to the computer to call for heat. If you can change the amount of heat you get out then the temp control is probably working. I bought a Helms shop manual for $120 that will tell you everything you need to know to fix any problem on the truck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
on 2000 open glove box door. there is a latch top left hand corner this will let glove box swing completely down. this exposes all heater control actuator on right side of dash. this is where the blend door motor is. top farthest back of dash. pain in the but to get out but is possible. got mine at rock auto.com ac delco part# 1571845 $33.79 plus shipping. you will have to move one of the vacuum actuators out of the way to see it. has two screws on front top, plastic locating pin on back.

·
Horsepower Fiend
151 Posts
My 03 has been doing it since I took it home too. My 89 never did it. Although my 03 is 100% nicer. Just crack the window for a few.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts