S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okey so on the way home tonight i kicked the heat on and it wast nothing but smoke/stem. What in the world would cause this?

·
mr. clean
241 Posts
check for water under the pass. side dash. if there is any water leakage you need a new heater core. i don't know why it's steaming, unless you're running hot,

·
i saw what you did there!
3,573 Posts
hot water is steam

especially if cold out

duh?

heater core sounds like its blown

time for a new one

·
New Old Timer
378 Posts
Definitely sounds like the heater core.
I just did mine a couple of months ago.
PITA, but doable and necessary, unless you being cold.:2far:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea I have never seen one do like mine did. But I turned it on this moreing and no steam? I dreed the hell outa this. Any tips on goin about this?

·
mr. clean
241 Posts
sorry, im not the for most expert on the subject. i just knows what i think i's be knowin.lol

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yea I have never seen one do like mine did. But I turned it on this moreing and no steam? I dreed the hell outa this. Any tips on goin about this?
mine was clogged up last year and was the orig to my truck (amazin!!) so i did like you and searched on the process of how to change it. some said "ya gotta pull the dash down" and others sugguested "at" it but i couldnt get a stright answer on the process so i dove in and step by step broke it down and it is easier to do than my firebirds and doing one on my birds is a 45 min job and thats even pulling and putting up the tools.

i can speak for a non AC truck. on the pas side there is a cover over the heater core, pull all the screws on this cover and the cover should pull back and then drop stright down. you will see the heater core and the rest is obvious. if you need any further help just ask.

BTW, the dash DOES NOT have to come down to do this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts