1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
black culture thief?!
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am out to buy a new CD player where is what I have found so far:
Alpine CDA-7995 $299 from crutchfield
Pros:no internal amp + 3sets of 4V outputs
Cons:not Bass Engine Pro(but is PRO really that much better?

Alpine CDA-9813 $299 from www.ikesound.com
Pros: Bass engine pro 3sets of 4V outputs
Cons: Prefer blue over green buttons

Pioneer Premier DEH-P750MP $235 www.ikesound.com
Pros:graphic display 3sets of 6V outputs I like Pioneer headunits. Plays mp3s
Cons: CD signal to noise ratio lower then other headunits

Clarion DXZ835mp. $199 from www.thezeb.com
Pros: 3sets of 4V outputs metal face built in crossover
Cons: motorized face renewed so it only has 90 day warrenty.
What do you guys suggest? I would like alternatives too.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
id go with the CDA 9813. im getting a 9805 pretty soon, not getting the 9807 cuz i dont need a remote and blue and silver color changes.

·
do it....NOOOOWWW!!!
674 Posts
I'd go with the 9813, Alpine is the next brand of hu's that I am gonna go with, even tho my pioneer never has had anything wrong with it in the 2 years I've had it.

·
black culture thief?!
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the fact that the 7995 has no internal amplification especially since the 9813 has that V-drive crap that I would be paying extra for and it would create extra wiring work, not to mention all of the heat that the internal amp puts out. To me for Electronics Heat=bad for the most part. I prefer the blue/silver over the black/green of the 9813. I just wish it had Bass Engine Pro instead of Bass Engine Plus, because I wouldn't be typing this right now. I don't really like motorized faceplates due to the breakage factor.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
whats the difference between Pro and Plus? i stay away from equalizers and things, they scare me, but i guess i should start learhning about them.

·
black culture thief?!
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Plus consists of:
- Media Xpander™
- 4-Channel Digital Time Correction
- 3-Position 12dB/Octave Crossover
- Subwoofer Level Control with Phase Selector
- Bass Center Frequency and Width Control
- Treble Center Frequency Control

Pro consists of: all of the above plus
- 6-Channel Digital Time Correction
- 6-Position HP/LP (24dB/Octave) Digital Crossover
- 5-Band Parametric EQ
- 3-way or 2-way electronic crossover with adjustale slope

·
Registered
876 Posts
either of the alpines are a good choice. i have had every major brand of hu on the market, and now i only use alpine. i would never go with any other brand since i had my first alpine, which was 5 yrs ago and i still got it in my work truck and it still plays just as good as it did the day i bought it. never had a bit of trouble

·
black culture thief?!
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have almost decided on the 7995, but then I did see that the brand new 835mp is on sale for $219 at www.thezeb.com. I like the Clarion and I like the Alpine a little bit better, but don't know if I want to spend $80 more. Alpine has a 1 yr warrenty and Clarions website says the 835mp has a 2 yr warrenty IF sold by an authorized internet retailer. I am not sure if thezeb is authorized or not.

·
black culture thief?!
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went and purchased the Alpine 7995. I got it for $299.99 shipped with a dash kit that I just paid $18 at Best Buy for, and a wiring harness and antenna adapter and installation instructions. Now I gotta get a set of Components, good RCAs and install my alarm in my new truck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts