Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
I'll Miss Ya Red!!!
2,963 Posts
Ported stock heads.............

What heads are those man, and did you do much bowl work?

How did you know when to blend and when to just hogg them out?

I'd apprecieate it if you could hook me up with some info! , and help me to get somethng like this started for mine!

Thanks man! Dawgnutz out.................................:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my cousin did all the work. he does the head work at the shop. he put 45 degree angles all this stuff and just blended it in. i watched him do that yesterday. he said you dont want to open it up to much because done the wrong way you lose hp.

he did all the work on them. He said usually they dont do this much work on peoples heads at the shop unless nobody makes aftermarket heads for the app. many times people buy aftermarket heads but they still clean them up

tony

·
I'll Miss Ya Red!!!
2,963 Posts
Cool!

Thanks man!

I have an article in a Mopar magazine (I'm a mopar fan as well)

That talks about home porting, and what not, and how and why you shouldn't just hogg them out. How you could lose intake velocity, and all that cool shiznit.

I was wondering though, because they ported out a set of 318 heads, and then compared them to a set of Magnum heads and the new generation of magnum heads from Mopar performance.

I get the basic I dea of how to port,, an dsee how your cousin did them on the intakes, gasket matching, and what not, but why didn't he clean up around the valve guide more? Is that a weak spot in the head? I know you can't go too far withit, but that is stll alot of material that can be cleaned up! or at least smoothed out!

did he roll any of the places where the head dumps into the chamber? (by roll I mean smooth the turn) and if he did, how much did he do?

I realize these are alot of questions, and that the money I spend to do this might as well be spent to convert over to an LS1 or something, but I already have a 6, and no money for the conversion. Wringing every last pony outta my truck in it's existing condition seems to be the thing to do....

Thanks tony! :thumbup:

Hey your tuck is black, and your girlfreinds X - blazer is red right?

·
I'll Miss Ya Red!!!
2,963 Posts
One more thing..............

did you have the Heads and the Block "decked"? or did you leave them the way they were?

I see that it could be a problem if you got only the heads decked, and not the block, but I think it'd be okay if you got both done..

Just wondering................:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
his milling the heads down to get some more comp. ratio out of it. but not to much then we will run into problems

he cleaned up some more things before we got it benchflowed i should have the results today

anything above 270 ill be happy

tony

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
how much would that cost if i was to have it done?

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
wow looks good....must be nice to have people on the inside!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts