S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got around to removing the headliner today. It was fairly easy. The hardest part was pulling out the liner without breaking the three front clips that held in the liner in the front up next to the windshield.

I included some pictures so those that have yet to do this will have a better idea of what the clips look like and how to remove them. Put your fingers underneath the liner and gentle pull down and out toward the windshield.

I've read some threads that state you can use a set of vise-grips on the star hex bolt that holds in the upper seat belts. I went ahead and bought the bit at Sears (it's a T50). It wasn't cheap $6.50.

Mine where in there really good and really don't see the knuckle pain in using grips.

My liner also had glue in around the sun visor brackets. I had to tear the liner away a bit to get it out.

Anyone used a hardener to add support to the old hard fiber board to strengthen it up a bit before the reinstall?

I guess this would be a good time to remove the luggage rack I'll leave the center chrome strip and just remove the out must rack that sit up off the roof a bit.

·
Dead Project Truck
649 Posts
Help us out a little, what year is your blazer? BTW, what kind of car was that in the first pic? And $6.50 isnt too bad for that bit. If you went with a lesser quality of tool it would save you money until you wound up snapping it in half and having to make a second trip to get the better tool. Torx bits are a sure bet to give ya trouble if you buy cheap.

·
Dead Project Truck
649 Posts
Had to ask what year you have because Ive noticed that people with second gens keep posting in here.

Love that car, thats an import Id drive. Theres a guy around here (or at least used to be) with one of those 510's thats set up for auto cross/scca racing with a small block chevy.

·
Registered
295 Posts
ummm wow, that sux. sorry to see/hear of your loss.

the song from george in the jungle popped into my head as soon as i saw that

george, george, george of the jungle, hey george watch out for that TREE!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts