S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when tweeding your headliner, how detailed can you go with the foam design your embossing? im affraid that the image im trying to cover isnt going to work. i dont know how thin and workable tweed is, so i dont want to glue it down just yet. i attached pics of my design, in the 2nd pic, i put my fingers next to it to use as a reference of size. for those who have done this, let me know if you think this is doable.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
I think that u will be fine but be patient. the tight cracks u probably arent going to get like the insides of the R A G, The N might look like a Square. The cursive First part of the N, The top of the H and the O are going to be hard too.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
be patient, do small sections at a time. take a sharpie or a something similar to press the tweed against the foam and the
headliner. do this so the tweed can get glued this is important for the letters so you can get the inside glued.
good luck, don't worry it won't be hard.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fronzo said:
How in holy hell did you cut that out?:eek:
haha. with a very sharp exacto knife and a steady hand! cutting it out wasnt the worst part, drawling it was.

·
Drop N Destroy
4,712 Posts
be patient with it like skyphos said you can jus rip it off and do it again if it dont turn out right hope it turns out good when you get it done post some pics

·
NO H-body, New Dime
2,526 Posts
from my personal experiece I don't think it will work. It is just too fine and the tweed wants to return to it's original shape when you stretch it. I just don't think it will hold up with such close areas. You could try to fiberglass it in and then paint the headliner with contrasting color letters. I have seen that done before. Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts