S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. So I've got a '90 S10 Blazer, and the previous owner ripped the whole headliner out.

I live in the UK, so not only is it freezing cold in the winter with a bare metal roof, I get a lot of condensation on the inside when it's cold and damp out.

LMC truck is the only place I've seen to sell brand new headliners, but their overseas shipping prices are nuts. I've been giving some thought to covering the whole roof with dynamat, but I don't know if that would help much with the insulation.

Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I bought mine from rockauto.com.
I don’t know if they’re shipping will be able better. I got the ABS plastic one and while it’s a decent unit it gives no sound dampening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've used rockauto plenty of times and never noticed they did headliners, thanks for the heads up.

Had a look at the rockauto ones, the shipping on their headliners is about the same price as the item itself. It's a lot of money, but it's not as bad as some of the quotes I've gotten from LMC. It's a shame rockauto don't have windshield seals too.

·
Hardhead
809 Posts
Maybe spray in insulation? Then you could come back and trim it flat and sand it smooth for a piece of tweed? Maybe make up a headliner that uses bows, like the cars of yesterday? Just throwing out some ideas!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I first bought the truck and was thinking about how to solve it cheaply, I'd thought about using spray glue and sticking up some foam matting or something, but that wouldn't really look very good and would be kind of annoying to remove if I or a future owner wanted to put a proper headliner in.

I need to order some more parts from rockauto anyway. I'll just bite the bullet, buy a new headliner and do it properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts