S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody Know how to wire the headlights so that the low beams stay on when I put my high beams on. Also, is there a way t wire it so that the driving lights can be put on without the headlights coming on...Any help is greartly appreciated...

·
Registered
357 Posts
For one thing, your low beams SHOULD stay on when you hit the brights, I don't know whats going on there. As for your driving lights, you will have to rewire them to a seperate switch in your dash somewhere.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I don't know what year truck you have but in the dual headlight system when you put your hi-beams on your lows turn off. There is a way to wire them to stay on tho.

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I currently own a '99 ZR-2. Low beams go off when high beams come on. Picking up 02 Xtreme Blazer on tuesday the 15th. Hoping it doesnt do the same thing.. Thanks anyway guys

·
Registered
444 Posts
No doubt the lows will go off when the hi-beams are on, on the 02 also. There are a couple pins that need to be jumpered in the relay that switches them. I'm going to talk to a guy today that knows what to do about it. I want my lows to stay on when I switch to hi-beam. If I find out I'll let you know.

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Zac..let me know how you make out

·
Registered
444 Posts
Sorry, the guy that knows what to do wasn't working today. I'll have to wait till Monday now. AARGH!

Maybe someone else on the forum knows what pins need to be jumpered.

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
Diodes

Rectifier diodes (the high amp kind) put between the low and high beam input terminals. Make sure the Anode of the diode is on the high beam side.

There will be a slight drop in the intensity of the lows when the highs are on but you shouldn't notice it.

You can get the doides from radioshack or any local electronics shop. If you don't how to tell which side of the diode is the anode, ask, they will be happy to tell you.

Rick
'92 S-10 Tahoe 4.3L Bone Stock

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help rhenry...Funny how im ripped in one forum and helped in another lol. Will try this trick out....Thanks again..

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
Also you might wanna be careful if you dont have seperate bulbs they will get xtra hot and possably melt the housing and power connector.

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
02RedXBlaze

Red, I didn't rip you. Excommunication is something they do in Rome. Here we embrace our dissidents. Think of it as a tough love program for gear-heads!

I may not agree with you on some things.....but your still one of us. And feel to straighten me out in the future when I'm wrong!

Rick

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rick, Well said and fair. Love a good debate. Thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
96 Posts
02REDXBLAZE said:
Anybody Know how to wire the headlights so that the low beams stay on when I put my high beams on. Also, is there a way t wire it so that the driving lights can be put on without the headlights coming on...Any help is greartly appreciated...
There is a kit sold by Stylin'Concepts to have the 4 beam highs, only thing is, the 96+ wiring harnesses are not sufficient for the power. I ran a 4 headlight system last summer and had constant problems with headlights flickering, not working, etc. I pulled out the 4 beam kit, and all problems went away. The package recommends installing a headlight wiring harness that is able to handle higher power.

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the info bud. May try it even though it says for 98 and older pickups and suburbans. Will let you know how I make out

1 - 16 of 16 Posts