S-10 Forum banner

headlights

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Blazin 
#1 ·
hey guys have a question i have a 86 s10 and i changed the core support to a 93 and also put a 93 grille in there it looks awesome but my question is are the headlight buckets bigger in the 86 than they are in the 93 or are they the same ? they just look a little big for the opening in the grille just wandering do i have to 93 headlight buckets or use the 86,s lights like to hear from anyone that has done this conversion thanks:D

#4 ·
do u have to change the core support, when puttin a 91-93 grill on an 82-90.

#5 ·
nope!! Listen carefully. Alot of people and websites and car dealers etc etc will tell you that you either need a new core support or a "Headlight relocator kit". The kit is about as useful as a pet rock. It costs upwards of $50-$60 and the only thing you need in it are the 2 pieces of sheet metal that actually mount your lights in a different spot. Being the computer graphics god that I am:evilg:, I made a template for the things on Autocad. You can cut them yourself with a couple pieces of sheet metal and some tin snips. I will try to post it here, but it might be too big. Good Luck!

Attachments

#8 ·
That's better than what I did with an old truck. I took an awl and made new holes for the grille wich worked good then i put headlight coversover the offset headlights. Didn't matter, looked good!

#9 ·
Blazin said:
This is for headlights. I have no idea about the taillights. The only reason that I have the above is because i did it myself, and I didn't want anyone else to get ripped off.
but do u think it woudl eb possible? and does anyoen ahve any 2nd gen tailights i could have or borrow?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.