S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it necessary to buy a headlight relocator kit to put a 93 grille on my 85 project blazer? or is their another way to do it?

·
The Heezy To The Skeezy
349 Posts
2000s10pusher said:
is it necessary to buy a headlight relocator kit to put a 93 grille on my 85 project blazer? or is their another way to do it?
The best way is a new core support. The next best is the relocator and last and certainly cheapest, just drill new holes.

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
relocator

i'll probably just drill the holes to mount the headlights, how much does a new core support cost?

·
The Heezy To The Skeezy
349 Posts
depends. Junk yard, about 30 but about an hour or more of work. JC whitney type place, about 180 I think.

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
relocator

will i encounter any problems now or later by just drilling holes?

·
The Heezy To The Skeezy
349 Posts
Re: relocator

2000s10pusher said:
will i encounter any problems now or later by just drilling holes?
Well, its kinda hard to fit some of the plastic screw threads in there since some require a square hole, plus if dont drill them the same on both sides youll have a crooked front end. Best bet is spend the $40 on the adapter. As I always say, Its best to do it right the first time. I just went to the junk yard and grabbed one. I wanted to paint it anyways. Had to take it out for that.

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks

thanks for the help man. i'm trying to fix up two rides at once (my 00 s10 and my old wrecked 85 blazer) and am on a limited budget i appreciate the help i'll go check out a junk yard for the core support.

·
The Heezy To The Skeezy
349 Posts
Re: thanks

2000s10pusher said:
thanks for the help man. i'm trying to fix up two rides at once (my 00 s10 and my old wrecked 85 blazer) and am on a limited budget i appreciate the help i'll go check out a junk yard for the core support.
Yeah, I got an 87 and a 98. The 87 just died on me. Im thinking about junking it. Its probably the fuel pump.

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah

i was going to sell my blazer and bag my 00 but i changed my mind and figured just wait a while and bag both of them. i'm probably gonna b/d the blazer and put a v8 in it, one day.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts