S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 S10 and was thinking about installing Blue LED lights. The low beams 9006 blubs they say I can swap the with LED's if I use a load equalizer.

Here's were I could use some advice, The high beams 9005 blubs are also the running lights at low voltage. So I took out one high beam and replaced it
with a LED and both lights went out (running lights). If I get a load equalizer for the LED high beams will the running light still work at half voltage and will my high beams still work
at full voltage?

Thanks
L

·
Been there Done it
15,261 Posts
Try it and let us know.
BTW any blue light can get you a ticket. In some states they don't even have to be on. Police only.

·
Registered
1994 S10 4x4
199 Posts
Putting LEDs in halogen casings is not a good move. They tend to be worse for visibility both for you and oncoming traffic due to light dispersion. I got a set of LED headlight assys for like $30. It looks super nice and they work really well. I have a 94 so it’s the older style square light, but I’m sure they have plug and plays for your truck too. eBay is great for things like this. Also yes before anyone try’s to correct me and tell me that you have to replace the whole assy in a sealed beam, I know, but I used LED bulbs in my old 2000 Silverado, and the results were terrible. They were nice expensive bulbs too, with all the wiring and adapters needed included in the kit. Since I used the old housings that weren’t made for LEDs, it didn’t work well. Light shined everywhere it wasn’t supposed to go.

but what Olds said about blue lights is also important to consider. They may look cool, but are they worth a ticket kind of cool?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let me correct my first post, When I replaced one of my running lights with the LED it worked, it's when I plugged the second high beam bulb is when both went out, so I put the orginals bulbs back in for the time being.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts