S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turned off my DRLs buy jumpering the slots in the fuse box and the DRLs never came back on like they were supposed to. Now I went to turn off my auto headlights also, when I took out the light sensor and put on the resistor the head lights came on when I turned the key, I turned it back off and made sure of my connection from the wires to the resistor they were connected fine, I turned the key again they headlights came on again! So i put my sensor back in and just figured I could live with auto headlights cuz the DRLs were the main ones bothering me I put it in and the headlights still came on WTF? anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't know why you guys does not like the DRL system light. It can turn on at the morning and make everyone to see you when you are on the fog zone. Just leave it like stock, don't break your brain by thinking something inecessary to modify. My opinion...
see you......

P.S = By doing this your truck will not go fasterrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!!!

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well tard I wasnt tryin to make it go faster beside my truk is black the tard lights dont look right in daytime do what u want to ur truck i will do what i like to mine
PS leavin lights stock wont make it faster either

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
ok, let's all step away from the keyboard and take a breath,

now it seems you might have had a short or something with the fuse, i have seen a website to show step by step on how to disable the drl's and ahl's let me go find it and post it.

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea i got it from uhh s10extreme.com the drl worked fine just like for everyone else but the autoheadlights is the problem dude i dunno:confused:

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
Fast98SS350 said:
Yea i got it from uhh s10extreme.com the drl worked fine just like for everyone else but the autoheadlights is the problem dude i dunno:confused:
the only thing i can think of if you got the wrong fuse or something.......got me.......sorry

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i have tried like 3 different resistors all of which i have seen on sites of people that have done this that it worked for but they just dont seem to work with my truck, course my truck runs different and acts different than everyone elses sooo

·
General L33
1,947 Posts
if you have a ohm meter, plug it up to the sensor, check it in the sunlight, then check it when it's shaded w/ your hand, then use the resistance from the shaded reading, find a resistor close to it and plug it in.

That's kinda what I did w/ the IAT, threw one in the freezer for an hour..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, you are right. Go and buy a meter and then take an Electronic Course by mail too. This will help you to find out all your question about your DRL and everything about fuses. My opinion !!!

P.S = So spliting your rear exhaust will help you to get faster????? Or you want to get slower????? Let me know !!!

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
bobbylai said:
Yes, you are right. Go and buy a meter and then take an Electronic Course by mail too. This will help you to find out all your question about your DRL and everything about fuses. My opinion !!!

P.S = So spliting your rear exhaust will help you to get faster????? Or you want to get slower????? Let me know !!!
Aight time to drop the 'tude.

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how bout i back over u with my broke drls, with my by mail electronic course, and split rear exhaust truck?

PS running over mexicans doesnt make it faster either so nevermind

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ohh wait since I got rid of my drls my runs low 8s in the quater must have added like 950rwhp :evilg:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.