S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Wheel Man
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is driving me completly insane one headlight is dim i replaced the head light and nothing so next i figure ground so i mess with the ground and now it work but the turn signals do not and the right side has no running lighs ... any ideas?

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
There are grounds for the lights up in each corner. One is behind the battery on the rad
support and one is up in the left corner on the rad support. I'd go back and clean all the
grounds again real well and clean off the paint where they sit to make good contact.
Also ck the bulbs sockets for any broken wires or the sockets themselves grounding.
One may also have a turn signal swt or a bad emer and reg flasher.. Just my 0.02

·
**** you
9,528 Posts
put a new ground on the dim headlight. Mine did the same thing. Passenger side light was dim as hel, drivers was bright. Just run a new ground to it.. Because on 1st gens.. The passenger ground is tied in with the drivers ground.. So what probably happend is the wire that connects the passenger ground to the drivers ground went bad.

·
**** you
9,528 Posts
bg's said:
There are grounds for the lights up in each corner. One is behind the battery on the rad
support and one is up in the left corner on the rad support. I'd go back and clean all the
grounds again real well and clean off the paint where they sit to make good contact.
Also ck the bulbs sockets for any broken wires or the sockets themselves grounding.
One may also have a turn signal swt or a bad emer and reg flasher.. Just my 0.02
mine never had 2 seperate grounds. The lights are wired in parallell, And for whatever reason, rather than grounding it to the support on the pasenger side, Its got a long wire that runs all the way to the drivers side, And the only ground is on the drivers side by the horn.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Maybe GMC did the later 1st Gens a lil different. I've found more than one thing is based
on the Blazer platform on my ST. On mine there is a ground with at least three wires going
to it for the headlamp, bump, and r corner lamp, and three on the left side doing the same.

I got rid of a couple different spots for grounds when I did the big 3, and that helped stabilize current
flow at least when it came to the H4 conversion I did with a relay setup to pwr the H4 bulbs
and halogen driving bulbs that are inside the headlamp with the headlamp bulbs..

Whatever it is, I hope you find the problem with the lamps..

·
Wheel Man
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright, well it's all working now so i think i'm gonna take it in for inspection tue. if it keeps working right and afterwords i'll go over all the contacts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts