S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
This season SUCKS.
15,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I just bought my truck yesterday, a 97 dime with the nasty-looking recessed headlights... How much would it cost, and which parts would I need, to swap to a flush-style headlight?? Would I need a whole new grille, and is that a Sonoma grille, or was that an option on the dimes, too??? I'm realizing that I don't know as much as I thought I did, about the differences.... Also, I don't want the 98+ grille... Everyone and their brother is doing that swap, it seems like... That, or the Envoy... I'm happy with my truck as the older truck that it is... So, with that being said, any ideas????

·
This season SUCKS.
15,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kirtlandcavvy said:
Also, I don't want the 98+ grille... Everyone and their brother is doing that swap, it seems like... That, or the Envoy... I'm happy with my truck as the older truck that it is... So, with that being said, any ideas????

·
Statutory Ape
1,632 Posts
you can do the composite light swap that came on some blazers. i think all you need is the new grill, lights and wire harness

·
This season SUCKS.
15,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, so now I just search the local junkyards for the stuff, or do you know of someplace where I can buy them cheap?
And, how much should this conversion cost me, assuming I went with a chrome grill, so no paint is necessary?

·
Statutory Ape
1,632 Posts
really? i thought since he already has a 94-97 and hes just gonna switch to the flush lights he shouldnt have to change the rad. support

·
Im broke but im tryin...
57 Posts
Yeah, if he's goin with the blazer headlight swap, all you need is the grille, headlights with brackets and the plugs

·
This season SUCKS.
15,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, so my question again... Anyone know where to find them cheap??? I'm preferring a chrome grille for now, since there's no way I can afford to get one painted, and the truck needs painted anyway... So, why have a custom painted grille, with a scratched truck? :confused: I've checked Ebay, and the headlights are running right around $90 apiece, and the grille shell is around $65-70
Anyone know of a cheaper place?

·
I Love Tools
2,505 Posts
I'm tryin' to do the exact same thing. I've looked everywhere. No junkyards around here have a blazer of that year that's intact. I think Ebay is your best bet.

·
This season SUCKS.
15,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts