S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get the clear cover off my headlight bracket but cant seem to figure out how. I found 4 metal clips that run along the outside of it, but when i unsnap them the clear part still wont budge. Anyone got any suggestions? Heres a pic of the light assembly and I circled where the clips were.

Attachments

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
the light is glued. You can try to pry the glue off with a screw driver but 9 times out of 10 it will break the light. The best way is to put them in an oven for a little while to melt the glue and they should pull right apart. Just not to hot and not to long, check them every so often to make sure you dont melt the lights. I belive we did my bro's at 200degrees for about 3to 5 miniutes and they cam apart. When you put em back together you have to use silicone to seal the lights. Hope this helps

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just drilled a hole in the top of the light. it was to mount city lights, worked pretty well. now im just trying to wire the damn things...not fun lol.

·
Saweeeeeeet
224 Posts
Did it to mine I have a 95 blazer front end on my 97. Looks good if you want some pics of it finished PM me and I'll email them back. But this is what I did took me like a hour and a half. But here it ya go. 1. You will need to take your time you might get pissed but TAKE YOUR TIME! 2. take off the four metal clamps set aside. 3. now take a dremel drill with a round sanding disk. Like the one to cut with. But your not going to cut!!! Just sand Ok. 4. When you look at your lense from the side you will see the clear lense on one side and the black housing to the other, now with your sanding disk sand only the black and don't go all the way down. just enough to get the black back side off. and fallow the seam of the clear and black. Just make sure you don't sand the clear only the black. and only go down to the clear of the lense. Now you have done that all the way around take a razor blade or something very sharp and cut along the black to get to the glue. once you have done that you can pull them apart. if its too hard just keep trimming and cutting the glue. just don't cut to much and don't force it you'll crack it. after you have it taken apart and taken out the orange clean off the old glue on both parts and lay a solid bead of glue around it and put it back in place and put the snaps back on. and let it dry. I was thinking about putting it in the stove but I was like hum.. plastic+heat= a good chance it might melt so did it that way. Just take your time and it will come out good. hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts