S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
/=||=/
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know the bracket for mounting the headlamp in place and it adjusts the tilt of the light and all with an allen wrench?

That big ass lifted sierra I posted a while back (38 lift with 48inch tires now) he backed into my truck and did about 1k worth of damage with his f*in tire.

The driver headlamp bracket busted and it bent the core support. didnt touch the fender thank god.... smashed down the airdam (bent the metal) but i got a new ss one anyway. and smashed the hood.

Soooooo.... do I need a new headlamp unit or can I fix/replace the bracket alone? since the headlight itself works and isnt damaged.

Besides if I save on parts for the headlight, I can make him buy me a new cowl hood and grille shell and call it a day :)

·
SoCal Mini-Trucker n FL
230 Posts
What I'd do is check with your local junkyard to see if they'll sell you just the mount/bracket for the lights. If they'll do it, go for it bcuz the dealer wouldn't sell you a new unit without the lights.

·
/=||=/
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heh, I just upgraded to diamond back lights and a new grille shell.

I may get the cowl hood... not sure yet. But im pickin the other two up tonight.

That leaves me with bending the core support back and the hood too if I dont get the cowl.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts