S-10 Forum banner

Headlight bulbs in projetcors

863 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  KSXtreme 
#1 ·
I got my new projectors in and I was tyring to put my superwhite bulbs in them. The phillips bulbs that come with them work But I tried to put in my 9005 superwhites and the plug wouldnt work Help me out a little

#3 ·
Are the bulbs for standard night time lights or all? I though the night time lights where 9006 and the daytime lights were 9005 (for high beams). I always though they had differenet connectors but I am probally wrong about that...

#5 ·
No problem. I can't remember the numbers correctly at this time so I hope this makes sense. High beams and DRLs are the same bulbs. The normal headlights are low beams (duh, just setting the givens). You need to have all 4 bulbs high beam bulbs. They are slightly different than low beams. Low beam bulbs will not go into the casing for the projectors. High beam bulbs will. Low beam plugs will not plug into high beam bulbs. You simply go to a parts store and buy plugs for the high beams and cut and connect to replace the plugs for the low beams. You should now have all 4 bulbs high beam bulbs. The projector really only shines light around the outside of the circle and there is a deflector inside to help with this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.