S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago my passenger headlight went out along with the side marker and turn signal but only when the headlight are on. When I use the turn signal it works. When the headlights are on the passenger head light flashes along with it. The right turn signal light stays on and all rear lights work. I went with a automotive short and open tester around the car like 10 times and couldn’t find anything. I also changed the multifunction switch and still nothing. All fuses are good. I couldn’t see any damaged wires.

·
Been there Done it
14,404 Posts
Sounds like you have a bad ground on the right front lighting. It's a black wire screwed to the inside of the radiator support. Will need to remove the battery to see it and maybe the tray.
If I knew the year, model, engine, trans, 2 or 4wd and stock or modified. I could help pin point it better.
It's an S10, although everyone is different, the most common cause of electrical issues, particularly strange ones, is a ground. There a dozen different ones on each truck.

Reactions: TomA

·
Been there Done it
14,404 Posts
Glad we could be of assistance. Maybe some one will read this in the future be helped also.
Thank you for not doing a "one and done".
What year is your truck?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts