S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dumb question of the night. 2002 s10..How do I access the back of the headlights to change the bulbs? I have removed the top 2 screws but cannot tilt the lenses down enough to get to the sockets. Thanks!

·
H-D motorsports
654 Posts
There are no screws to remove :doh:
On the back side or the rad support the are 2 plastic tabs you need to pull up
ip the headlights out a bit and pull them up
they will come right out...

If all esle fails read the owners manual

BTW On my truck I needed pop the grill off to get the headlights back into the retaining tabs properly. otherwise there was a huge gap below the lights and none between the lights and the hood not to mention the aim would be WAY off.

Altogether it took me 15 minutes to change the hi/lo bulbs, clear corners, signal buls and put it all back together.

·
Captain DIY
246 Posts
Thanks for the information! Just pull the 2 clips up behind the lamps on my 2001.

Got the disco lights from the cops last night. Fix your damn headlight speech I get. :D

All I have is 9006 lamps, no 9005's.

·
Captain DIY
246 Posts
Follow up. There is 2 slots in the back of the assembly that NEED to go in first. If not the head lights will be way off (high). Just remove them, push the assembly DOWN into the slots then BACK into the frame. Push back on the assembly to get the 2 clips to hook on.

9005 lamps are the high beam and 9006 lamps are low beam FYI.

I had to replace my amber turn signal indicator too on the passenger side.

·
Early Member
3,166 Posts
Didn't know Night owls needed lights.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Follow up. There is 2 slots in the back of the assembly that NEED to go in first. If not the head lights will be way off (high). Just remove them, push the assembly DOWN into the slots then BACK into the frame. Push back on the assembly to get the 2 clips to hook on.

9005 lamps are the high beam and 9006 lamps are low beam FYI.

I had to replace my amber turn signal indicator too on the passenger side.
Huh...guess thats why my lights where up in the trees after i change my bulbs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts