S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
You have several choices. Hedman makes shorties and full length. Advance Adapters also makes a shorty style, but I would stay away from their design since it is the same design as a cast iron manifold with the weakness of light gauge steel tubing. I have sandersons, which are supposedly the best, but cost more than the others. Go with sadersons or hedmans

·
Yeah, still on the bottle
201 Posts
V8Blazer said:
hey where can i see a pic of the sanderson headers?
Here ya go!!

For all small block 350's '84 and up

·
Registered
745 Posts
headers

Whats up,Concerning your hooker header question,I had a set of super comps for the s-10 change-over,I'm sure they are good for HP,but you cant turn a corner with them! The pipes on the back cylinders go outside of chassis and then under the frame rail taking up a lot of turning room,I used them with camaro style v-8 motor mount and welded steel plates to the frame(hooker set up).I am now using R.S. racing header but will change to hedman or sanderson soon.The R.S. header prob. costs me HP loss and they have cracked around the rear cyl.pipe, prob. caused from the rest of my exhaust not being flexible enough.You can see pics of RS exhaust in the V-8 forum under Cleaning her up thread.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I used some Headman headers on my old truck and they were a full-length header. I had to modify they firewall for clearance, but otherwise they worked fine. On the current truck we are building we are using the Advance Adapters shortie Style headers. They are a different design and look identical to the sanderson headers. We went and had they ceramic coated and they look awesome and fit really well with no modifications needed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts