S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
THE ONE THE ONLY
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lol like thiers not a bilion of these post already but i need some help!!! I want headers plain and simple I'm going to be selling off my other car soon and i'd like to spend the money on this but i don't want every penny to go to it. personaly spending 750(i think) on JBA's best headers is just wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out of the question i'd rather try to make them out of tin foil before paying that much. is gibson and jba the only people that make headers for my truck(i have a 2002 4.3)? I can make headers but i don't have a bender that can make the kind of tight bends to do it. I'd like to spend anywhere from 300 to at most 550 if anyone knows of anyones brothers mothers cousins best freinds rootmates sisters ***** freind that has a set or knows where i can find some please let me know thank you

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
$750 for JBA headers? damn, where you looking? ive seen them around for as low as $350. making headers is a lot more then bending tubes; you have to do the collectors, weld everything together, make the flanges and weld them on, have the correct size pipe and bends, ect ect. Edelbrock makes their TES headers, which are good if you get them coated.

·
THE ONE THE ONLY
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol well i take it the JBA site is not the place to look where else can i find them??

·
12,507 Posts
www.truckperformance.com www.jegs.com www.summitracing.com and you dont need the "top end", those are just pretty headers for show trucks, coated with titanium if i remember correctly, which offers no rust protection that i know of. you could check out ebay for headers, and find a local place to ceramic coat them for you.

·
THE ONE THE ONLY
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i looked in jegs before but all they had was the eldebrocks...how much do you think ceramic coating would run? and thank you by the way for the fast response

·
12,507 Posts
i think ceramic coating goes from $100-$150.

·
THE ONE THE ONLY
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh hell that ain't bad at all. what do you think of the rest of the mods i have after i get my car sold do you think thats a good use of that money?

·
12,507 Posts
as in what else you should buy? im not really sure about the MSD coil, ive heard good things AND horror stories about it. maybe slap in a Zexel if you dont have a posi? oh MSD wires too...id stick with AC Delco, seems that every other brand simply screws up the S-10 ignition. maybe a MSD 6a ignition box, instead?

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
you don't need all that MSD ignition unless you have raised the red line on your motor/done heavy mods. It won't make your truck any faster, just empty your wallet sooner. Late model factory ignition is pretty good.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Tyr this site. They have the chrome ones for around 359.00
add 150.00 for the coated type. Coated is the way to go, but
WHO does the coating is what you'll get in results. I had mine
coated by a company who makes boat headers for inboard
boats both fresh water and salt. They charge 150.00 and
came out sweet. Anyway Centruy Performance has JBA's
and here's the site who coated mine plus another one who
is suppose to do the best work. I won't recommend Jet Hot
as I've read where they're coating starts to chip after a yr.
HTH's

www.centuryperformance.com
www.rewarderheaders.com
www.swaintech.com

·
That 3D picture dude guy
4,570 Posts
hey muddy,.. thnx for the input in my post about this,... I got my flowmaster installed and it sounds AWSOME with the pipe sizes you said,... thnx a bunch

·
THE ONE THE ONLY
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was kinda iffey on the msd coil i want to upgrade now so i don't have to worrie about it later i haven't really heard and horror storys about the coils but i have about the ingnition boxs but thanks for all your input guys and oh yeh MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts