S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious as to the pros and cons of using full length conversion headers with my 1st gen, lowered 3/4 would I have much for clearance problems? Is there much of a difference from a performance stand-point when comparing shorty's to full length's?:sawzall:

·
IMBLOWN
977 Posts
How does a link to your truck answer his question Diablo? You've got the shortie hedders on your truck anyway....Quit whorin' man :phil:

Now, to actually answer the man's question: The full length conversion headers come in two or three pieces for each side, and require welding for installation...The primary tubes that require welding actually go OUTSIDE of the framerail through the wheelwell, limiting steering clearance...

On a street car that is restricted by other things, such as MUFFLERS and AIR CLEANERS, full length hedders vs. shorties are not gonna hurt you much as HP goes...I am not saying that tuned full length hedders won't make more power though :burnout:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks jameskirk1, I didn't know the full lengths required welding or went outside, that pretty much makes it a no brainer for the shorties, at least on a street truck. by the way, could I see some pics of your truck, it sounds pretty sick from the description

·
IMBLOWN
977 Posts

·
Awesome User
10,442 Posts
jameskirk1 said:
How does a link to your truck answer his question Diablo? You've got the shortie hedders on your truck anyway....Quit whorin' man :phil:

Now, to actually answer the man's question: The full length conversion headers come in two or three pieces for each side, and require welding for installation...The primary tubes that require welding actually go OUTSIDE of the framerail through the wheelwell, limiting steering clearance...

On a street car that is restricted by other things, such as MUFFLERS and AIR CLEANERS, full length hedders vs. shorties are not gonna hurt you much as HP goes...I am not saying that tuned full length hedders won't make more power though :burnout:

I wasn't whoring, and hell I didn't know there was a difference, headers are headers damnit.

·
NuLowz Customs
739 Posts
haha yeah the full length ones require welding and peicing them together as you fit it... my buddy has a 89 with a 350 and we had a hard time with them... Ide stick with the shorties

1 - 9 of 9 Posts