S-10 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious on what brands to go with for putting some a pair of headers on my 4.3L motor...... also if u have put headers on ur truck, what brand or kind did u go with(brand, coating, etc)

·
carries a gun at work
1,984 Posts
i dont think they make long tubes for 96 and up 4.3l's b/c of the o2 sensors
i have jba ceramic coated shorties, fit nice, fairly easy install, still uses the stock Y pipe. sounds good but i just got to find my small leak, i think its the collector bolts on the pass side one

·
I love boost!
455 Posts
I am running Ti-Tech (ceramic) coated Edelbrock headers and Y pipe on my '99 that say are for up to '98 (part # EDL-67153) but if you do not have air injection and the EGR is the same as '98 they will fit perfectly. (I think GM changed the EGR setup somewhere along the line, not sure what year). I was very pleased with how well everything lined up, bolted right up to the cat. The Y pipe in this kit is seriously almost twice the diameter as the stock one.

·
limeade
3,302 Posts
The long-tubes will fit the 96' up with a little grinding on the pass? A-arm. They make alot of torque and sound badass.

·
now XTREME
1,888 Posts
get the edelbrock's u get the header and y-pipe for 350

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
hey will that edelbrock number EDL-67153 fit an 02 blazer with no EGR and no air injection?? I know I'd have to block off the EGR but thats not a big deal, just need to know if it would fit with a 5spd

Caleb

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rat said:
That should be a direct bolt on if you have a '96 or '97.
sweet ass......was trying to find a set that would bolt up directly! makes everything easier when doing stuff and with my time, easier/faster is better!

·
I love boost!
455 Posts
SummerWolf said:
hey will that edelbrock number EDL-67153 fit an 02 blazer with no EGR and no air injection?? I know I'd have to block off the EGR but thats not a big deal, just need to know if it would fit with a 5spd

Caleb
I don't know how much different the Blazer would be from the S10 but I've got a 5spd on my X and they fit perfect.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts