S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have a set of JBA Headers that went bad on me. They are beig warrantied out and reinstalled. I was thinking that since they are already under there why not install a y-pipe. Whatdo you guys think are the best ypipes? What brand, how much, and where to get them. Thans a lot!

John

·
Fleetwood Truckers So. Cal.
306 Posts
So what happened to the headers? What went bad? I'm planning on getting those headers soon and I hope there is nothing wrong with them.

·
My-chilled, MACH boost
694 Posts
this is it.

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
I had the JBA headers on my 96 for 3 yrs took them off and put
them on my 2000 when i got it. NO prob. I think they are very good. I can't imagine what happened to his.Mine still look brand
new:thumbup:

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What actually went wrong was the flange and the bottom seperated from the actual pipe. The thick part that the bolts go through cracked and seperated. It sounded like an exhaust leak. I thought it was because of when I was "tinkering" with my friend one night. We were all happy because of the power gain. But, the dealer told me about the problem when I went in for my oil change.

JBA!!!!!When JBA sent me a new set they said they needed my credit card number. Well, needless to say they sent 2 pairs of headers. Thats 2 FULL PAIRS. They credited my card, but charged it twice. Which means Ive actually paid 3 times, and credited once. This is BS, I called and they said they are going to reimburse me for one charge. THey wont reimburse the final cost untill I send the old (current jba) headers back. Well, the dealer threw them away because I told them too! Damnit!

So, if anybody needs a set of JBA's, Ive got an extra set!

John

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
edelbrock headers come with the y pipe

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, they are shinny chrome.

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was looking for about what I payed for them. They charged me $329 and didnt charge me shipping. Id ditch them for $275-300. But, I like to get close to what I payed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts