S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy i just finshed my motor and i bought some full lenth headman headers for my 89 4,3 s10 i was wondering how muhc hp u think im going to gain if got a rv roller cam and headman full lenght headers then im going with the true duel flowmaster exusat..Also u think i would sound any good well thanks for ur times guys peace out

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
true duals on a 4.3L is not a good thing. go with 2.5" piping till the muffler, and about 2.25" out. headers would help, but maybe make you lose a little low end power.

·
12,507 Posts
hells no. go look in the exhaust forum for this kinda debate...DONT DO TRUE DUALS! you wont gain any low end either, most of the gain will be in the upper range.

·
12,507 Posts
i think most headers made for S-10s are full lenght, so yeah, id guess theyd be fine. just go with a single pipe, then a dual out muffler.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if i got single pipe then ual outlet would i still gain hp like how much i also got a better roller cam just like a estimate and its also bored 40 over

·
12,507 Posts
yeah, youd gain decent, maybe 5-8 hp. the roller cam would be worthless unless you have roller rockers tho *i think* but im not sure about that. why .040 over instead of .030 over?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cuz it couldnt be done 30 over they tried but it was still no possible 40 over its perfectly fine..So i wont gain the much really..So was it still a good idea to go to full lenght headers..Will my truck run better like better gas milage stuff like that..

·
12,507 Posts
lol.....gas mileage is relative with a .040 bore...it might run better, but its not going to be a low gas bill for the week.

·
Quicker than a Hummer!
349 Posts
roller cam gains are the same with or without full roller rockers...

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok another question is the a y pipe i can buy that made for the full lenght headers and if there is who make them and how much and i got a auto tranny

·
12,507 Posts
i think SLP just stopped selling theirs. probably cheaper to get one made at a local exhaust shop.

·
Grrr
1,575 Posts
ive never heard of a full length header for a 4.3...only for the v8s and those have serious clearance problems usually. If somehow you did find a long tube, you will need a custom y pipe because the slp or stock unit is for shorty headers or stock manifolds.

also, dont do true duals.

·
Registered
102 Posts
2" true duals probably wouldn't hurt performance wise....but
Real reason for not doing true duals on a V6 is the sound is not very attractive...

The headers and 2.5 inch all the way out single will be more than enough and the setups in general will sound good.

If there is room and you can get the exhaust shop to do it, let them build the Y-pipe and get the pipes as close to the same length as posible.....that will do 2 things .
1 . it should keep the pipe compression thats inherent in most exhaust shops benders to a minimum by having less than 45 degree bends......get them to bend a 90 or close out of scrap and see what I mean.
2. It should also get the lead pipes before converging on the single pipe close to "tuned" so to speak, instead of hap-hazzardly dumped into one pipe.
Or make the longest pipe a multiple of the short one...as in times 2 or times 2 plus the length of short one.
IE 1.5 foot from collector to CAT on short side = 3' or 4.5' for the long one.

Have alot more to say from 8 years in the exhaust shop business but.....I figure I've propably said enough to start an argument already.

·
12,507 Posts
so you're saying make the y-pipe a true Y, instead of the distorted y that the stock pipe looks like? or if thats not possible, to get the long pipe twice the length plus the length of the short pipe, to where it dumps in?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts