S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i could get headers (I'm thinking edelbrock or jba) which =s $350 (at least) + shipping + install, or i could get other performance parts such as venom module, intake, pullies, gears, etc. Which should i do and what parts (brand name?) should i get. i probably have a 400-450 limit what parts will give me the most drop in my et time.

please help i need to pick soon

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
A nice shift kit should bee in the budget.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea thats like 35 bucks right for a b&m shift kit i need some serious mods to drop et times

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
Do you have traction at the track, good tires are a great investment.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have nittos, and all the free mods i just need some bolt ons. What do u think about the venom module, or what should i get

·
Registered
140 Posts
A good used nitrous kit. you can find them on the LS1 sites all the time, and there are lots of used kits in Texas if you look around.

·
ask me about my crabs
81 Posts
headers are a smart choice at this point, they can be done in a day and will get you good power immediatley and when you drop in the intake and those things you will see bigger gains from those addon's, as it stands now I say go headers

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Don't touch the venom module, get a good set of headers or a real computer programmer like hypertech, superchips, etc.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
and a CAI to allow the engine to breate in better, since the headers will let it breathe out better.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im really looking for an alternative to headers, some other bolt ons that will deliver the same horses for the same price. Are there any such bolt ons (other than nos)

i just want and need a 15

·
zippy
733 Posts
i could think of a few mods off hand, but until you get headers other mods aren't going to have alot of effect. the stock manifolds and y-pipe are terrible for power. deffinitly replace them.

·
zippy
733 Posts
jba's are deffinitly nicer than the edelbrock's, although considerably more expensive. i agree with the y-pipe, if you just replace that, it's the majority of the problem.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I would get pulleys ($90), SLP y-pipe ($200), and a set of SLP 1.6 rocker arms ($99). For the money you will get a lot more performance than just headers. Also make sure you've got the air box mod w/ a K&N filter.

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
The SLP y-pipe is a great mod, definetly recommend that. The rocker arms help to, I know I dropped a tenth maybe more with the rocker arms.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ive got the air box mod done, and the restrictor plate removed, im probibly gunna go with the majority here and get the slp y pipe, march or jet pullies, and the rocker arms im not sure on. How hard are they to install? i will get more of the other stuff later cause i just ordered a complete new front end (radiator support, grill, lower valence, bumper, clear corners). Man i wish i didnt hit that pole. thanks for all the help, any other suggestions on future mods would be very greatly appreciated

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
if you have 5 grand to spend get a turbo. headers would be nice. soem march pullies also. a k&n or volant air intake. cowl induction hood?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts