S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Nowhere yet. STS is working on it apparently.

-Chris

·
Registered
18 Posts
OK... I just ordered the pacesetter cermaic coated header today from summitracing.com. (part number 70-C1203) They are $245.88 with shipping. Now, they funny thing is summits site says it for a 96-97 2.2 but pacesetter told me they are ok for 96 to 2001. I hope this clears up some confusion as far as what fits what year. I called summit and had them call pacesetter to verify. Summit should be updating the website to reflect this soon. If ya dont belive me call pacesetter and ask them Toll Free: (800) 472-7337.
Hope this helps!
Oh yeah... as a FYI they are back ordered so I wont be able to put them on for a couple of weeks. I am how ever putting on the K&N genII air intake, flex a lite e fan, TB spacer, msd coil packs, and taylor 8mm wires this Sat. will let you know how it goes.

:headbang:

·
Registered
77 Posts
abrown1, You were right about the header. I just called Pacesetter and they they installed that header that you are talking about on 2000 2.2 S-10.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
really???? INteresting cause someone said the gasket was the wrong size when they installed it and it leaked

Caleb

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well, Pacesetter said that it would fit with out any modifcations.

·
broke college student
2,235 Posts
don't get a pacesetter header....i've heard nothing good from pacesetter. the flanges and tubing are too thin so they rust through within a year. your best bet is to quickly join probably the last group purchase for an Al's header. mini truckin dynoed a 2.2 with and al's header and saw gains of 12 rwhp and 23 ft. lbs torque. plus its cheaper then a pacesetter.

·
sdime 4 life
524 Posts
Pacesetter sucks. All of their headers, not just the 2.2 ones. My friend has one on his Neon that's been there for like 3 months and it is already turning brown at the flange. Al's header is far superior, but also Kamakaze's is better than Pacesetter if you are still too afraid fo the word "custom." What I really like about Kamakaze is the downpipe it comes with.

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
Al's header is the ONLY one that is made specifically for the 98 and newer S-10's. The heads are different from 94-97 and 98+, the old heads have much larger exhaust ports that sit much higher relative to the exhaust port. There is enough material around the ports that the gaskets seal, everything bolts up, and the headers do "fit", but they are not at all an ideal setup.

Check out this picture.
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=62271
This is how the Kamikaze header ports line up with the 98 and newer 2.2 head. Pretty crappy. I didn't notice much of any power increase with my Kamikaze, but at least my massive exhaust leak is gone now. I'd recommend only the Al's header if you have a 98 or newer truck, the other's are all designed for the old head, and just happen to bolt up..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Call Poeformance Store Front @ (530)383-1680

Tell them you want a 2.2L Ceramic Header for a 1998-2000 s10 w/3 bolt flange.

Last time i checked was about 4 months ago and they were priced at $259.95

·
planning and saving
1,400 Posts
the gp for the header MADE for your truck (als header) is going on right now and its 215 i believe. if they get 20+ it drops it down to 200. half pay now half pay later. said it would take about 3 weeks or so and its specific to your truck so you know it will fit. its not like "were buying a bunch of this ONE header" its a bunch of headers.....made for each truck that wants one.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Stinky said:
Hello this thread is from 4/5/02! :D
i saw that too stinky its funny how old arse threads came be brought up and brought back to life because someone didnt realize how old the thread was. but at least people are staying away from pacesetter!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered Abuser
2,375 Posts
150 plus shipping and ill pull mine off my truck and sell it to you

·
XTREMEPIMP
22 Posts
u guys might think this is a dumb ? but i need to ask it what the best type of headers to use? 1. HIGH TEMP. BLACK COATING 2. NICKEL POLISH CHROME or 3. HIGH LUSTER CERAMIC COATING.. which 1 would get better performance or does it even matter on that... thanxs alot

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.