S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Aye! Sea Turtles
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever seen a head-unit that uses a real remote and not those infrared one's? I have relocated my radio the glove box in my most recent of crazy antics...and my remote it does work, but you kinda gotta keep pressing the same button until it finally figure out what exactly is going on.

Was wondering if there was anyone that knows a good head-unit with a really powerful remote. Would be great if it could work inside the truck and also if I got out and could still control it with the remote.

·
Picture goes here \/
673 Posts
IR will only transmit thru so much and for so far, after that im thinkingyoure going to have to go wired remote or somethign of the like...

but if I were you, i'd take the remote apart and extend the IR transmitter and place it in the glove box too, then build the remote into a panel on the console or by the headlights or somethign i dunno, so you can have volume controls on the outside... if you ge tmy drift

·
Aye! Sea Turtles
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not sure I understand by what you mean relocating the IR transmitter into the glovebox. How would the damn remote work then? Could not get out the truck because of the remote wires to the IR transmitter.

What about like a signal rabbit? Ever heard of those? Just extends the power of your current IR's, for like remotes around your house and shit.

·
Aye! Sea Turtles
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That might be some complicated wiring there. Might risk ****ing up a nice stereo and a good warrenty. I would put the sensor in the vent if I had too, that would be an excellent spot for it!

Anyone ever done anything like that before? Crazy stuff, lost the remote to my head-unit. Can I use another if I get one from Alpine?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts