S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a question i have the pioneer the big one like the deh-477 or somethin the one that fits in gm and stuff what do i have to buy with it like i have my dash off and i have the dash piece from the old radio i dont know what else i need cause i bought it from my friend brand new for 70 bucks and i have the wiring harness it just looks like i need some more things

·
Registered
746 Posts
a few commas and periods might help make more sense of your random english....

you'll need a wiring harness to go from the aftermarket unit to the factory plugs.....you'll also need a GM antenna adapter

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW! i am glade that the s-10 forums also teaches english. thanks for the info but do i need like any dash pieces or just the ones that came with the stock radio. like at the top of the radio something has to go there to bolt to the dash area. thanks and if it matters its a 1994 ss

·
BARELY Tuckin' Tire
5,862 Posts
i had that same one in my truck for like a week...if i remember correctly it's built to be a direct install, so you won't need a install kit...i'm fairly sure that the bolts that hold your stock radio in will bolt into the side of the aftermarket one...if not...there there will be allen head self tapping screws with the head unit if it is new in box...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
see on mine the original radio has like things on the top that you bolt in and i believe on the bottom and there is a little piece of dash that connected to the old radio and that will go on to the new one but the way it bolts on i cant figure out do you think i have to take something off the old one? because there are two tiny tiny torx screws that look like they hold on to the thing were it gets bolted in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts