S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cracked head on my 2.2 and will need another one. I have found a head from a 96 2.2 Cavalier that is in great condition pretty cheap. Will this head swap out with mine or is it not compatible?

Thanks

·
PAGING DR. ******!
7,371 Posts
Yeah it'll be :tup:.

·
PAGING DR. ******!
7,371 Posts
Cavi 2.2's are the same, but the exhaust manifolds are different, the intakes might be too but I'm not sure. Just use the bare head and bolt all of your shit to it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
EachDawnIDie said:
Cavi 2.2's are the same, but the exhaust manifolds are different, the intakes might be too but I'm not sure. Just use the bare head and bolt all of your shit to it.
That is what I figured but I just wanted to make sure.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I recently did this exact swap too. The only difference is that your S10 water outlet is on the front of your engine head. The Cavalier exits out the other end of the head. On the cavaliers they put a thin alum plug in the front outlet hole. You must knock out the plug before you bolt it on your S10. I just used my S10 intake and exhaust header. everything just bolted right up. I got my head at a "Pick and Pull used parts yard for $25.00 and it runs great.

·
95 S-10 2200
510 Posts
Yeah I must have gotten a cavi head when I replaced mine...Never told me it was for a cavi and I didn't knwo about the plug....BIG problems ended up costing me a bunch of $$$ to get it fixed.

·
PAGING DR. ******!
7,371 Posts
Good info, never knew about that plug.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes, it is easy to see it will be right where your water outlet bolts on. I used a large screw driver and a hammer. Bob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts